Choosing a professional window cleaning company for your offices can be a nightmare. Going for the cheapest company you can find does not necessarily mean you will get value for money or that the work will be completed to the highest standard possible.
When you offer the contract out to tender there are some key things that you should be looking for:
· The companies should have adequate insurance and be prepared to make these available to you if requested. However unlikely you think that something could get broken or that someone will get injured, insurance is essential and they should not be working without it.
· Have a look at their client list. Keep in mind that large on-going contracts are a good sign that the company is reliable, efficient and trustworthy.
· Find out if the window cleaning company train their staff not only in cleaning the windows but in all aspects of access to the windows.
· A reputable professional window cleaning company will ensure that all staff will carry identification with them and that they wear uniforms.
· Find out if the company is run by the original founders. If it has been bought out there is a risk that the reputation of the company was built by the original founders and that standards may have been compromised since.
· Have a clear written work ethic presented to you by the tendering companies. You will get a good idea of how the job is executed and the standards the company themselves adhere to.
· If you receive a quotation that is a lot lower than the other quotations you receive, find out why. It is highly likely that the company is not experienced and or there will be lots of hidden costs along the way which will almost certainly result in you paying more.
These are some but not all of the key things you need to be aware of when choosing your professional window cleaning company. Reputation is everything in this business so you might like to speak to some of the company’s existing clients. They will give you a true account of what you can expect. Finding the right window cleaners is not a thankless task. Once you have done it and found the right company you are likely to stay with them. The window cleaning company should be prepared to present any documentation you require, if they are not, why not?